Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Second of all, these have been done since the end of January and were delivered mid-February so this happy dance should have been posted then.
These are for my nephews - twin boys born April of 2010. I did 2 Mirabilia Little Stitches designs - On Grandmother's Quilt and Rosebud Lullaby. On Grandmother's Quilt is done with no modifications. I did modify Rosebud Lullaby, 'cause like I joked, I want my youngest nephew to speak to me when he's fourteen. I changed the colours of the roses from pink to purple and I also removed some of the bling and bows. (Original design can be found on the designer's homepage.)
My parents did the framing for me and the mat colours coordinate with Crescent Dreams (also Mirabilia Litlle Stitches) I did for their older brother in 2007. All three of them have the same yellow inner mat board.
But enough of the talking - on the the pretty pictures.
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Not as much in the way of happy dances this month, but I can't only have months with three pieces that are days away from happy dances. So what has been worked on this month?
1. Newborn Joy
2. Blackwork Sampler
Very pleased with the progress on this one. I have only one section left to complete. A couple of good stitching sessions (and the Brier - curling - is on, so lots of good stitching time) and it should be done.
1. My Way Canvas Work
2. Once Upon a Time - have decided that this is the next one to get worked on after Newborn Joy is done.
1. "M" is for Mother - no news
2. Fairy Moon - no news
3. Lost in the Garden - no news
4. Victorian Garden - no news
5. Nothing new has caught my eye and demanded to be started this month. I did on Leap Day buy 10 new patterns from Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) and Patterns On Line.
That's all folks and have a wonderfully stitchy month.
Friday, March 02, 2012
Last week I stopped at my local yarn store (aka lys) which is also the closest thing to a needlework store we have in this city (lns). The owner was surprised to hear that I was there to buy yarn. I told her it was Friday and "I knit in Fridays."
So it is Friday again and tonight I knit. I knit with a group that meets at a local coffee shop. I thought I would tell you a little bit about my current prices and future plans.
While I have avoided the whole "oh look, shiny"distraction with my needlework, it struck with my knitting last week. I have decided to knit a dog.
Thursday, March 01, 2012
Given the success I've been having with WIPoclypse, I thought I would apply some of the same logic. So the first step is to create a list.
1. I think I need to make some stars: Lucky Stars
2. In the spirit of trying things: Baking Soda Clay
3. Under the thinking big category: Craft Suitcase (I have my Great-Grandpa's old suitcases in my closet, this would be fun to do with them)
4. Playing with colours: Spring Wreath
I think that is enough for now. There is no time schedule for these, but I would like to try to do them in the next 2 months. I'm also taking a needle felting class in April. That should be fun.